Community Engagement Coordinator Manager (9341R1)
(Job Posting ID: 9341R1)
Job Title: Community Engagement Coordinator Manager
The Community Engagement Coordinator Manager is responsible for the administrative and research activities of the Community Engagement Core of MK-MDT. The coordinator will oversee and coordinate relationship development with rural and Indigenous communities in Minnesota and be foremost concerned with supporting sustainable community collaborations that support brain health equity research. The candidate utilizes knowledge of Minnesota communities and health systems, and their relationships with local community partners and organizations to support outreach activities.
• Organize, manage and support community engagement activities for the MK-MDT
• Manage and supervise MK-MDT Community Engagement Specialists
• Develop a training plan for the MK-MDT Community Engagement staff and work collaboratively with project leads to ensure effective training for community-based research and outreach staff.
• Develop and monitor a database of community partners and outreach activities
• Develop and implement meaningful metrics and outcomes to measure the impact of community engagement activities.
• Organize staffing support for community engagement events such as country fairs, health fairs, community conferences etc.
• Work collaboratively with faculty and research managers/project leads to include community-based staff in community engagement activities
• Monitor and support the scheduling and organization of rural and Indigenous advisory committee meetings for the MK-MDT administration.
• Serve as a contact and support for community advisory members
• Assist with community engagement research related activities, for example, data collection, tracking, literature reviews and writing
• Prepare academic and community presentations
• Prepare reports on social, political, demographic and economic trends related to Indigenous and rural populations in Minnesota.
• Participate in grant writing and manuscript development
• Prepare reports
Community Engagement, Education and Outreach Activities
• Initiate and develop new partnerships with community organizations, health providers, and Tribal communities on behalf for the MK-MDT
• Communicate and distribute resources to community partners
• Develop and implement a volunteer/ambassador strategy
• Organize educational events, webinars, and community conferences
• Work with project PI and leads to develop project specific outreach and recruitment strategies
BA/BS with at least 6 years of experience.
All required qualifications must be shown on application materials.
About the Department
The mission of the University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth campus is to be a national leader in improving healthcare access and outcomes in rural Minnesota and American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) communities.
We do this by:
Educating medical students dedicated to serving rural Minnesota and American Indian/Alaska Native communities
Fostering excellence in research
Emphasizing the training of physicians in Family Medicine
Creating strong partnerships locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
Working in innovative, interdisciplinary and inter-professional teams
Working at the University
At the University of Minnesota, you’ll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.
The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents Scholarship
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no cost
Please visit the Office of Human Resources website for more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your “My Job Applications” page and uploading documents in the “My Cover Letters and Attachments” section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University’s Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
Please search using the Job ID or Job Title