Research Project Specialist 1 (343307)
(Job Posting ID: 343307)
Memory Keepers Medical Discovery Team (MK-MDT) conducts research on dementia and its associated risks and co-morbidities in collaboration with Indigenous and rural communities. Our modern facilities have been thoughtfully constructed to foster team science approaches to research and well-being. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Research Project Specialist 1 will be responsible for oversight of research activities related to multiple MK-MDT projects focused on rural and Indigenous dementia, diabetes and cognitive health. The Memory Keepers Medical Discovery Team holds research grant funding from the University of Minnesota Medical School as well as external agencies such as the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation. The MK-MDT works collaboratively with Faculty Investigators from medical school departments in the Twin Cities and Duluth, as well as academic and community research partners elsewhere in the US and Canada.
Research Management (75%)
- Ensure operational efficiency and integrity of research by securing and upkeep of proper software and equipment, procedural oversight of data collection, storage and analysis
- Collaborate with investigators, project managers, and other study staff to manage project planning operations
- Identify and define deliverables and associated timelines for research projects and initiatives.
- Ensure data integrity and participant safety
- Train and assess research staff adherence to study protocols
- Develop and manage the annual research calendar for the MK MDT
- Ensure availability of research resources to complete projects within project timelines (equipment, supplies, environment, training)
- Develop practices and procedures to improve efficiency and quality of research
- Prepare IRB submissions and ensure procedures are consistent with IRB approvals
- Ensure all local and federal regulatory requirements are addressed for research studies
- Develop and maintain regulatory compliant standard operating procedures or working practices
- Create staffing plans by forecasting staffing needs, managing workloads and project timelines
- Prepare research proposals and protocols and research reports
- Oversee the day-to-day budget of research projects, reporting to the principal investigator on expenditures
- Assist in the preparation of manuscripts for publication and lectures and poster sessions for professional presentation (national, international, regional, tribal).
Research Coordination (25%)
- Coordinate research team meetings
- Coordinate training lab activities including organization and maintenance of a community-based participatory research training lab
- Coordinate regional, national and international research meeting
- BA/BS with at least 6 years experience or advanced degree with 4 years experience and prior oversight of a research team.
- Experience managing large scale and multiple smaller related research projects
- Supervisory and/or project management experience working with teams
- Knowledge and experience with community-based participatory methods
- Experience with health equity research
- Experience drafting or writing grant applications, ethics protocols, community reports, and research reports
- Experience coordinating research labs
- Experience with rural and/or Indigenous health research
- Knowledge of qualitative methodologies and qualitative analysis software
- Knowledge of web-based software platforms for Project Management and Data Management
- Knowledge of IRB process and protocols and HIPPA requirements
About the Department
The mission of the University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth campus is to be a national leader in improving healthcare access and outcomes in rural Minnesota and American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) communities.
We do this by:
- Educating medical students dedicated to serving rural Minnesota and American Indian/Alaska Native communities
- Fostering excellence in research
- Emphasizing the training of physicians in Family Medicine
- Creating strong partnerships locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- Working in innovative, interdisciplinary and inter-professional teams
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your “My Job Applications” page and uploading documents in the “My Cover Letters and Attachments” section.
This position will remain open until filled.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD)
The University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD) consistently ranks among the top Midwestern, regional universities in U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” issue.
Overlooking Lake Superior, UMD provides an alternative to both large research and small liberal arts environments and attracts students looking for a personalized learning experience on a medium-sized campus of a major university. A firm liberal arts foundation anchors a variety of traditional degree programs, as well as professional and graduate students that draw on UMD’s many research institutes and labs.
Please search using the Job ID or Job Title