Researcher 2 – Data Analyst (346187)
(Job Posting ID: 346187)
Memory Keepers Medical Discovery Team (MK-MDT) conducts research on dementia and its associated risks and co-morbidities in collaboration with Indigenous and rural communities. Our modern facilities have been thoughtfully constructed to foster team science approaches to research and well-being. The MK-MDT works collaboratively with Faculty Investigators from the Department of Family Medicine and Biobehavioral Health, and academic and community research partners in the US and Canada. Reporting to the Executive Director, this Researcher 2 will be responsible for research activities related to multiple MK-MDT projects focused on rural and Indigenous dementia, diabetes and other chronic conditions.
90% — Qualitative Analysis
- Performs social-behavioral research data analysis by following research methodologies and protocols to thoughtfully ensure quality research outcomes and findings, including data entry and data coding using NVIVO qualitative data analysis software
- Conducts secondary level analysis by summarizing preliminary findings in data tables
- Assists in the preparation of transcripts for importation into NVIVO by verifying them with audio files
- Assists in the development of qualitative coding frameworks and definitions
- Assists with running data queries and reliability tests
- Contribute to writing presentations and reports – development of data visualization, formatting, and editing
- Identifies overarching themes and subthemes in a variety of datasets including interviews, focus groups, interview summaries and field notes
- Maintains confidentiality in data security and management at all times based on university health information and compliance protocols
- Attends and participates in data analyst meetings
- Assist with the development of data collection instruments such as interview and focus group guides, surveys, and screening tools to identify eligible research participants
- Completes all activities by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all relevant current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the UMN Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH)
- Maintains current Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) training for social and behavioral research, as well as Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training as required
10% — Research Administration
- Assist with the preparation of peer-reviewed journal articles and presentations for national and international conferences.
- Assist with the planning of data analyst and/or coding meetings and takes notes when applicable
- Assists with the development of policies and procedures or work plans related to data analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
20% — Community Outreach & Engagement
- Participate in research meetings with community partners.
- Prepare grant-related briefing notes, background reports, and other meeting materials for participating community partners.
- Prepare dissemination presentations and reports to community partner agencies and governing bodies.
- Serve on committees as requested representing the MK-MDT.Qualifications
Time commitment: 40 hours/week during each year
Number of positions: 1
Start Date: Immediate (open to discussion)
Please include CV
**This position is located in Duluth, Minnesota**
- BA/BS and at least 1 years of experience or a combination of related education and work experience to equal 5 years.
- Experience with qualitative research methods
- MA/MS in health science, public health, medical anthropology, psychology or other health related discipline
- Experience using NVIVO qualitative data analysis software
- Ability to compare, verify and reconcile data to help achieve objectives.
- 3 years of experience in a research role
- Experience with qualitative research methods, data collection and analysis
- Experience with mixed methods research
- Experience related to research projects with Indigenous and/or rural communities
- Demonstrated experience with knowledge transfer; ability to write for diverse audiences
- Knowledge and awareness of Indigenous and rural health and Indigenous health research ethics
- Knowledge and understanding of gerontology, rural community health, chronic conditions, and/or age-related neurological conditions
- Experience with health systems, health access, and/or quality of care research
Experience in community outreach and community engagement
About the Department
The mission of the University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth campus is to be a national leader in improving healthcare access and outcomes in rural Minnesota and American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) communities.
We do this by:
- Educating medical students dedicated to serving rural Minnesota and American Indian/Alaska Native communities
- Fostering excellence in research
- Emphasizing the training of physicians in Family Medicine
- Creating strong partnerships locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- Working in innovative, interdisciplinary and inter-professional teams
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
- Excellent retirement plans with employer match
- Disability and employer paid life insurance
- Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
- Student loan forgiveness opportunity
- Opportunities for growth and promotion
- Employee Assistance Program
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your “My Job Applications” page and uploading documents in the “My Cover Letters and Attachments” section.
This position will remain open until filled.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to either attest that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or agree to comply with the University’s testing requirement. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
About the U of M
University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD)
The University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD) consistently ranks among the top Midwestern, regional universities in U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” issue.
Overlooking Lake Superior, UMD provides an alternative to both large research and small liberal arts environments and attracts students looking for a personalized learning experience on a medium-sized campus of a major university. A firm liberal arts foundation anchors a variety of traditional degree programs, as well as professional and graduate students that draw on UMD’s many research institutes and labs.
Please search using the Job ID or Job Title