Researcher 5 – Rural (9742R5)
(Job Posting ID: 334179)
The Memory Keepers Medical Discovery Team (MK-MDT), University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth campus, is focused on dementia, diabetes and issues of health equity for Indigenous and rural communities. We assume a syndemic approach to illness and disease and promote strength-based community-based approaches to research. The MK-MDT works collaboratively with Faculty Investigators from the Department of Family Medicine and Biobehavioral Health, and academic and community research partners throughout the Great Lakes Region, Canada, Alaska, and internationally. Reporting to the Director, Rural Health Initiatives, this researcher will be responsible for research activities to assist MK-MDT investigators in the preparation of research funding applications and the implementation of multiple health research and health education projects focused on dementia and/or diabetes in rural communities.
- Advanced degree in Health Science, Public Health or Social Sciences with 1 or more years of research training
- Ability to Travel, occasionally overnight, to locations in Rural Minnesota and to national and international conferences
- PhD (or MA with experience) in Health Science, Public Health, or Social Sciences (medical sociology, medical anthropology, or medical geography) or other health related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a research role
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative, mixed methods research methods
- Experience related to research projects with rural communities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the health of older adults and/or age-related neurological conditions
- Experience with health systems, health access, and/or quality of care research
- Experience drafting or writing grant applications, ethics protocols and research reports
- Project coordination skills
- Experience in community outreach and community engagement
- Knowledge and awareness of community-based participatory research
Research and data (80%)
- Act as project leader in collaboration with the Principal Investigator(s)
- Review and synthesize research literature; conducting systematic and critical reviews
- Conduct qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research
- Research data collection, analysis and dissemination
- Taking a lead role in preparing research proposals, grant applications and ethics applications
- Manage research project timelines and deliverables
- Develop research articles, manuscripts and reports
Community Engagement (20%)
- Coordinate outreach to rural communities, health organizations and research partners
- Coordinate and facilitate research meetings with Advisory Councils and community partner organizations
- Prepare briefing notes, background reports, presentations, and other meeting materials
- Participate in community engagement activities to support research collaborations with community partners
- Serve on committees as requested representing the Memory Keepers Medical Discovery Team.
- Other duties as needed
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please go to: https://humanresources.umn.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your “My Job Applications” page and uploading documents in the “My Cover Letters and Attachments” section. This position will remain open until filled.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).